A civil society representativeCases
- Case status
- Location of case in SG report
- Relevant SG report
- Year of the report
- From Country
- Country Geolocation
- Country Geolocation (linked Cases)
- Central African Republic
- From Region
- UN body that raised the case prior to the SG report
- Type of record
- Unnamed individual/group/organization
- Gender unclear
- Was the victim a foreign national?
- Was the victim a minor?
- Type of rights defended
- Unclear in SG Report
- Was the victim a civil servant, member of the security forces or of the judiciary?
- Reported trigger of reprisal
following a Security Council briefing
- Engagement with UN body
- UN Security Council
- Type of attempted engagement
- Participation in meeting on UN premises
- Location of mentioned reprisals
- Reprisal information
online attacks against a civil society representative following a Security Council briefing
- Types of reprisals suffered
- Online harassment
- Alleged/likely perpetrators
- State actors
- Was the reprisal based on new legislation?
- Does the report make general comment about country’s environment for engagement with UN?
- Further case development
OHCHR received reports of wider patterns of intimidation by armed groups, including the 3R (Return, Reclamation, Rehabilitation) for providing information to MINUSCA, the Central African Armed Forces and allied factions.
- Is a pattern of reprisals mentioned otherwise in the context of this case?