- Location of case in SG report
- Relevant SG report
- Year of the report
- From Country
- Country Geolocation
- Country Geolocation (linked Cases)
- From Region
- UN body that raised the case prior to the SG report
- UN Special Procedures: Thematic
- Dates of prior UN action
- 04 September 2013
- Type of record
- Named individual
- Was the victim a foreign national?
- Was the victim a minor?
- Individual's/organization's activity
member of Mbororo Social and Cultural Development Association
- Type of rights defended
- Unclear in SG Report
- Was the victim a civil servant, member of the security forces or of the judiciary?
- Reported trigger of reprisal
submission of report to the United Nations in relation to the second universal periodic review of Cameroon
- Engagement with UN body
- UN Human Rights Council: UPR
- Dates of engagement
- Type of attempted engagement
- Submission of information to UN
- Dates of mentioned reprisals
- 23 April 2013
- Location of mentioned reprisals
- Reprisal information
On 1 July 2012, an assassination attempt against Mr. Jeidoh Duni, legal representative of the Association, was reported. After they had acted as witnesses in the investigation of that incident, Mr. Duni and five other members of the Association Adamou Isa, Sali Haman, Dahiru Beloumi, Njawga Duni and Musa Usman Ndamba, were summoned to appear before the military tribunal of Bafoussam on 23 April 2013, for illegal possession of firearms.
- Alleged/likely perpetrators
- State actors
- Was the reprisal based on new legislation?
- Does the report make general comment about country’s environment for engagement with UN?
- Further case development
At the time of finalization of the present report, no reply had been received from the Government to the joint communication sent on 4 September 2013 by five special procedures mandate holders.
- Is the country cited for a "pattern of reprisal" in the context of this case?
- Is a pattern of reprisals mentioned otherwise in the context of this case?
- Does the report cite "self-censorship" as an issue in the context of this case?
- How many times has the case been followed up in subsequent SG reports?