- Location of case in SG report
- Relevant SG report
- Year of the report
- From Country
- Country Geolocation
- Country Geolocation (linked Cases)
- From Region
- UN body that raised the case prior to the SG report
- UN (Dep.) High Commissioner on Human Rights
- Dates of prior UN action
- 22 March 2022
- Type of record
- Named individual
- Was the victim a foreign national?
- Was the victim a minor?
- Individual's/organization's activity
- Type of rights defended
- Unclear in SG Report
- Was the victim a civil servant, member of the security forces or of the judiciary?
- Reported trigger of reprisal
Institution supporting CICIG's work.
- Engagement with UN body
- Type of attempted engagement
- Dates of mentioned reprisals
- February 2021, August 2021
- Location of mentioned reprisals
- Reprisal information
facing criminal proceedings related to the exercise of her official duties for alleged breach of duties (February 2021) and abuse of authority (August 2021) A/HRC/49/20 para 10.
- Types of reprisals suffered
- Charge/Investigation/Prosecution: Charge/Investigation/Prosecution - General
- Alleged/likely perpetrators
- State actors
- Was the reprisal based on new legislation?
- Does the report make general comment about country’s environment for engagement with UN?
- Government response dates
- 1 July 2022
- Government response content
The Government also provided information concerning the situation of Ms. Maselli and the status of legal cases against her for alleged breach of duties and abuse of authority. She is currently benefitting from alternative measures.
- Was the case raised by a State at the UN?
- Is the country cited for a "pattern of reprisal" in the context of this case?
- Is a pattern of reprisals mentioned otherwise in the context of this case?
- Does the report cite "self-censorship" as an issue in the context of this case?